Raising your pet reptile or amphibian demands more than just food, drink, and a home. Unlike cats and dogs which can live with you in your house just fine, reptiles and amphibians require special habitats.
Foliage, good substrate, temperature control, and many other things are needed to keep your pet reptile or amphibian healthy. In this article, we’ll be taking a look at humidity and products that can help you provide humidity your pet reptile needs!
What is Humidity?
Humidity refers to the concentration of water present in the air. Therefore the higher humidity, the more water vapor there is present in the air!
Why do I need to give my pet reptile (or amphibian) humidity?
Humidity is important for several reasons. For one, reptiles and amphibians are adapted to living in environments with high humidity. The levels of humidity required for each reptile may differ. However if they don’t get the proper level reptiles and amphibians can get stressed, ill, and may even die.
Second, good humidity helps with keeping the temperature constant. Because reptiles are cold-blooded, they cannot maintain their own body temperature. Their body temperature changes to adapt to the environment. So having a high humidity helps maintain a constant temperature and allows your reptile to live normally.
To make sure humidity is kept at the correct level. Apart from buying a product from this list we also recommend you to get a hygrometer to measure ambient humidity!
Top Reptile Humidifier To Buy 2020
There is a lot of reptile humidifier accessible in the markets today. It comes in a variety of foggers, misters, and distinctive substances to help adjust the humidity. Make positive to lookup properly what is exceptionally suitable for your reptile earlier than shopping for one.
To help you decide, right here are some of the best reptile humidifiers:
Evergreen Reptile Humidifier
This great reptile humidifier is best for your reptile that is in want of a moist environment. It is easy to collect with full sets of instructions and recommendations that can offer a longer lifespan compared to every other humidifier. The Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier’s tank can maintain up to two liters and has a no-spill valve, bendy adjustable hose, and a dry-run safety which robotically shuts off when it is empty.
- Adjustable cool fog output.
- Perfect for any reptile/amphibian/herp
- A large tank with dry-run protection
- Compatible with all enclosures and easy to essemble
- Best-in-class warranty and customer service
- The tank is tough to refill, you need to eliminate the whole lot and put it back again.
- The humidifier only lasted only for a shorter period than it promised.
Aiicioo Reptile Humidifier Fogger
This reptile humidifier has a humidification machine that is one of the key add-ons for many reptiles and amphibians such as geckos, snakes, turtle, iguanas, frogs, and a variety of plants. It has a giant three-liter tank that you can set the desired mist stage and non-stop humidifier for up to 12 to 24 hours. The Aiicioo Reptile Humidifier Fogger has an automated shut-off when the water runs out and turns it on again after refilling it.
- It has a nearly no-noise function below 30 decibels that is exquisite for you and your pet’s slumbering habit.
- It has a massive tank that reduces your job in altering the water on a normal basis.
- The object worked awesome in the starting however began leaking a few weeks after.
- The guarantee is just a month.
Coolspider Reptile Humidifier Fog Machine Mister
This reptile humidifier is an ultrasonic cool mist fog computer with a durable and bendy hose that routinely shuts off when the water level is low. It has a powerful fog output that can fill up ultra-fine cool mist into a large tank cage. The Coolspider Reptile Humidifier Fog Machine Mister is best for humidifying a terrarium or vivarium with a herbal fog cool and full anion to make their habitat fresher.
- It is extremely good in giving the amount of fog you want for your reptile housing.
- It has a terrific warranty for about 12 months after the purchase date.
- The launch mechanism does not allow water to enter the ultrasonic base to create mist.
- The tube does no longer constantly stays or seals the place.
Oiibo Reptile Humidifier
- 【Large Tank & Dry-out protection】It is up to 2.5 liters (0.7L) of water can be accommodated, visual water level design are used; Automatic shut-off when no water remained
- 【Ultra Quiet Humidifying】The premium silent mister has a very low misting sound, providing a comfortable and quiet environment for your reptiles and amphibians
- 【Adjustable Misting & Customized Hose】The misting level can be adjusted with 100ml, 200 ml, 300ml per hour; the tube can extend from 1.5 to 5 feet; And the suction cups help you fix the pipe to the spreading direction freely
- 【Perfect for Reptile/Amphibian/herb】This VIVOSUN humidifying fogger is perfect for reptiles and amphibians requiring a humid environment, including green iguana, bearded dragon, gecko, snake (python, boa, etc.), turtle, tortoise, iguana, lizard, chameleon, water dragon, Rhinoceros Beetle, frog, red-eared slider, toad or hermit crab
- 【Buy without risk!】We offer a 1-year warranty for this VIVOSUN reptile humidifier. If you are not completely satisfied with our product or receive a defective product we are happy to find an acceptable solution. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns
This reptile humidifier works silently as it infuses smooth and moisturized air that provides your reptiles the moist environment they need. It handy to replenish simply via pouring water into the orifice at the bottom of the tank. The Oiibo Reptile Humidifier is handy and safe to use for a vast range of reptiles and amphibians.
- It is certainly easy to fill the tank from the bottom.
- It is astonishing how quiet the unit is while working.
- The item works magnificently without that it is difficult to clean inside.
- The mist comes out every so often and the tubes gather a lot of water.
Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Humidifier
This reptile humidifier has the ability to make bigger the humidity interior the terrarium with adjustable fog output control. It contains a no-spill valve which makes it convenient to top off the water bottle. The Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Terrarium Humidifier can be used with a Zoo Med HygroTherma to have an exact manipulate to the humidity and temperature.
- It comes with a 1-liter bottle, no-spill valve, and all the integral fittings.
- It has a 3-month warranty.
- The vaporizer received clogged and broken after.
- The humidifier stopped within a month of use.
Notes: There are some positive reviews on this product, but to be fair, the purpose is to make your snake cage become a Zoo snake cage. Therefore, this is a good product to buy so.
AGPTEK Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier
This reptile humidifier is using an ultrasonic digital science to create a magical effect on your tanks, ponds, and even swimming pools. It can produce a massive amount of mist with no warmth or chemical used. The AGPTEK Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier is safe, convenient to operate and attempts to provide customer satisfaction.
- It has an alluring LED lights that trade hues randomly.
- It has an output voltage of 24 volts that is very protected to use in the water.
- The mist maker is messy and unsafe as it spits water everywhere.
- The spray drops all over and empties the water into the container quickly.
ESUMIC Mist Maker Fogger Air Humidifier
- 100% Brand new and high quality
- 12 automatically color-changing LED lights make pond and rockery magical once the fog starts to come out.
- Perfect for indoor fountains,rockery, landscape, water feature and office decoration use.
- Easy to install and convenient to operate.
- Add a stunning mist effet to pond or water tank to filter the bad smell with electro and ultrasonic technology.
This reptile humidifier is satisfactory for terrariums, indoor foundations, and different ornament use. It is effortless to deploy and handy to function with 12 mechanically changing colorings LED lights to add an tremendous seem to the rockery. The ultrasonic atomizer releases terrible ions which makes the air brisker and more healthy with the aid of reducing the dust and bacteria.
- It adds a lovely mist effect to any tank or pond.
- It filters the terrible odor with its electro and ultrasonic technology.
- The unit started out to corrode on the outside after days of use.
- The fogger stopped working within 2 weeks.
Pravono Reptile Fogger Humidifier
This reptile humidifier can supply your pets a fresh, healthy, and moist pores and skin by the use of distilled or pure water. It has two mist working modes that is top notch silent when running. The Pravono Reptile Fogger Humidifier can be used as a flowerpot, the place green plants can grow on top.
- It has a giant water ability that can use for a lengthy time besides including water each and every time.
- It is outstanding portable with its small size.
- The packaging has no proper directions.
- The object is quite expensive.
Some photos of Pravono Reptile Fogger Humidifier reviews
Now that you understand some of the quality reptile humidifiers, you can pick out from these pinnacle 10 what is right for your pets. Along with execs and cons, you can balance which one to buy. These reptile humidifiers can be discovered in the nearest pet shops or online shops.
List of cheap reptile foggers & humidifiers (<=30$)
|cheap humidifier||Price||Key feature||Suitable for|
|Per Environmental Protection Reptiles Humidifier Natural Humidifier||$3.48||Decorative foam to aid evaporation Easy storage||Reptiles|
|Greencolourful Reptile Supplies Terrarium Humidifier||$4.94||Decorative foam to aid evaporation Easy storage||Reptiles |
|Zeroyoyo Natural Green Moisture Humidifier||$6.11||Decorative foam to aid evaporation Easy storage||Reptiles|
|Zoo Med HydroBalls||$7.79||Hidden from sight Can support plant growth||Reptiles and some amphibians (frogs)|
|DREAMER.U Eco-friendly Terrarium Air Humidifier||$8.98||Easy storage Decorative||Reptiles|
|Zoo Med Little Dripper||$9.05||Large water capacity Drinking fountain for some reptiles||Reptiles such as chameleons and some geckos|
|Exo Terra Mini Mister Spray Bottle, 16-Ounces||$9.49||Capacity of 16 oz Easy to use||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Gracefulvara Colorful Changing Reptile Fog & Mist Maker||$9.59||Creates cold mist Automatic & Electric||Reptiles and Amphibians|
|Big Bazaar Reptile Water Dish||$9.59||Aesthetic design Can be used as a water or food bowl||Reptiles and some amphibians (toads)|
|Fluker’s Repta Vines-Pothos for Reptiles and Amphibians||$9.99||Beautiful life-like design Built-in suction cups for easy mounting||Reptiles and amphibians (frogs)|
|Senzeal Resin Barrel Cave||$10.99||Solid Resin construction Beautiful design||Tinier reptiles and amphibians|
|Exo Terra Mister Portable Pressure Sprayer||$11.09||Larger capacity Manual pressure pump for continuous misting||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Galápagos (05234) Pillow Moss||$11.14||Water absorbent – slow release to maintain humidity Soft bedding comfortable for all reptiles and amphibians||Reptiles and amphibians (frogs)|
|Galapagos (05248) Sheets of Real Moss||$12.73||Thick, moss good for creating floor or bedding Soft bedding comfortable for all reptiles and amphibians||Reptiles and amphibians (frogs)|
|Galapagos (05340) Bamboo Humidifier||$12.89||Made out of an all-natural bamboo Aesthetic design||Reptiles and some amphibians|
|AGPtek 6 LED Color Changing Mini Mist Maker||$12.99||Comes with 6 LED lights Makes cold mist||Reptiles and amphibians|
|AGPtEK Mist Maker Fogger||$12.99||Produces a cool mist that maintains humidity Easy to use||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Zoo Med Terrarium Moss 30 to 40 Gallons||$13.20 (30-40 gallons)||More than enough moss for several aquariums All natural – comfortable product||Reptiles and some amphibians|
|Fitnate Mist Maker||$13.99||Water buckler to prevent excessive splashing Produces cool mist to increase humidity||Reptiles and amphibians|
|OMEM Reptiles Hideout Humidification Cave with Basin||$14.99||Comes in multiple sizes Made out of an antibacterial clay||Reptiles|
|OMEM Reptile Hideout Box with Sink||$14.99||Can be used as a nest/resting area for your petsMade out of an antibacterial clay||Reptiles|
|Zilla Jungle Mix||$15.23||Made from natural materials High moisture retention to help control||Reptiles and amphibians|
|AGPtEK Mist Maker Fog Maker||$15.99||Simple to use Makes cold mist to increase humidity||Reptiles and amphibians|
|AGPtek® Aluminum Mini Mist Maker||$16.99||Solid aluminum construction Provides cool mist to increase humidity||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Sequoia Reptile Water Dripper System||$17.99||High capacity Slow dripping – maintains humidity||Reptiles such as lizards, chameleons, and geckos|
|HAYU Reptile Drinking Fountain||$18.98||Water fountain for reptiles to drink from High water capacity of 1.3 liters||Reptiles such as lizards, chameleons and geckos|
|Pangea Ultrasonic Mist Maker / Humidifier||$23.79||Creates cool mist which raises humidity Solid metal construction||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Zhuhaitf Mini Planters Humidifier||$24.02||Cute, aesthetic design Electric Mister||Reptiles|
|Yunt Aquarium 12 LED Fountain Mist Maker||$24.89||Cold mister Heavy weight so it stays in place||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Galapagos Natural Bamboo Terrarium Humidifier Large||$25.04||Large capacity for moss Made of natural bamboo||Reptiles|
|Exo Terra Repti Flo 250 Powerhead||$25.89||Adjustable flow rate Waterproof and submersible ||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium Waterfall Kit||$25.99||Package which includes plenty of materials to help build a waterfall Quality water pump ||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Humidaheat – Amphibian/Terrarium Heater & Humidifier||$29.99||Comes with a heater and humidifier Electric||Reptiles and some amphibians (frogs)|
|BioBubble Reptile Drinking Fountain||$32.99||Can snugly fit into most terrariums Constant source of water for reptiles and humidity ||Reptiles such as geckos, chameleons, and lizards|
|Exo Terra Dripper Plant||$39.55||Made with pet-safe plasticDesigned to blend in with the environment with its leaf design||Reptiles such as geckos, chameleons, and lizards|
|Blue Spotted Deep Jungle Fogger||$39.99||Self-contained water reservoir Can be placed anywhere in the terrarium thanks to nozzle||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier||$49.99||Large water reservoir capacity (2 liters)Adjustable level for humidity||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Terrarium Humidifier||$49.99||3ft long hose for easy reach Compact||Reptiles and amphibians|
List of medium price reptile foggers & humidifiers (51$ – 150$)
|Medium reptile humidifiers||Price||Key feature||Suitable for|
|Zoo Med-Aquatrol ZM95015 Reptile Fogger||$58.18||Better plastic design to reduce water spills Electric mister||Reptiles and amphibians|
|PYTHON SINGLE DISC ORNAM FOGGER||$59.00||Made of strong metal Cool mister||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Zoo Med Repti Rapids Led Waterfall Skull||$61.49||Beautiful skull design Flowing water helps increase humidity||Reptiles and amphibians|
|LEMON KOKO Arboreal Climb Pet Self Circulating Humidifier||$66.25||Adjustable drip levels Leaves help stimulate reptile drink patterns||Reptiles such as geckos, chameleons, and lizards|
|Zoo Med HygroTherm Humidity and Temperature Controller||$67.73||Built in thermometer and hygrometer Maintains temperature relative to humidity||Reptiles and amphibians (frogs)|
|Zoo Med Reptirain Automatic Terrarium Mister||$69.57||Auto-on and auto-off feature Large water capacity||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Exo Terra Mini Fogger||$70.51||Solid metal construction Consumes only 200ml of water an hour||Reptiles and amphibians|
|EXO-TERRA Monsoon Solo High Pressure Misting System||$85.87||Computer helps control misting cycles Comes with high pressure nozzle for fine misting||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Exo Terra Fogger Ultrasonic Fog Generator||$93.96||Cool mister that raises humidity Electric||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Exo Terra PT2493 Monsoon Multi System||$119.55||Large capacity of 8L Can attach up to 6 nozzles for misting||Reptiles and amphibians|
List of high-end reptile foggers & humidifiers (>150$)
|high-end expensive reptile foggers & humidifiers||Price||Key feature||Suit for(which animal’s egg?)|
|32W 2.2L Tank Amphibians Reptile Fogger Humidifier Vaporizer Fog Maker Generator||$159.41||Adjustable misting/fog settings Water capacity of 2.2L||Reptiles and amphibians|
|Zoo Med Special Fogger Value Pack||$229.99||Contains both a mister and a fogger Temperature control||Reptiles and amphibians|
All of 50 reptile foggers & humidifiers detail reviews
Our picks for the Best reptile humidifiers
EXO-TERRA Monsoon Solo High Pressure Misting System
This is the best reptile & froggers humidifier by far on this list. It has a large water capacity, a computer board for auto-on and auto-off cycling, and has excellent pumps and nozzles to boot.
It’s easy to set up, and with its high production quality you can expect this product to last you a very long time! Without a doubt – if you have the budget always, always use this product for your humidity control needs!
Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier. Super worth humidifier for your reptile tank
The Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile humidifier is an excellent product for its price. It comes with an adjustable dial to change the amount of mist, has a large capacity of 2L, and is run by an electric pump and mister.
This humidifier can work for tanks of various sizes – and is very much useful! Not just for a reptile but others will do.
Exo Terra Mister Portable Pressure Sprayer
- Portable pressure sprayer; Adds moisture to reptile environments
- Large 67.5 fluid ounce reservoir
- Helps maintain optimum terrarium conditions
- Equipped with adjustable spray nozzle and locking mechanism for continuous spraying
So you just started out on your journey – with an easy to care reptile/amphibian with easy humidity requirements.
You could go for an electric humidifier.
But you can also go for a pressure spray! Simple to use, no need for electricity, and can also be used for cleaning too!
Cheap Reptile Foggers and Humidifiers (~30$)
1.) Per Environmental Protection Reptiles Humidifier Natural Humidifier Review
For our first product, we have the Per Environmental Protection Reptiles Humidifier. It’s made of a flexible plastic bowl/container with a decorative “evaporating foam” made to look like grass.
This product will help with humidity, however there are many cons with this product. Smaller reptiles can get stuck in the green evaporative foam, and due to its flimsy plastic its very light. Bigger reptiles can cause the bowl to tip and fall over, causing a spill and a mess in your reptile’s habitat. Second, due to its size it may not fit smaller habitats (e.g snake boxes). Additionally, this product may have mildew growth on it due to its design, which is harmful to reptiles – so regular cleaning is required!
|Cheap Decorative green foam to help increase evaporation Easy storage||Reptiles can get stuck, which is a big issue|
2.) Greencolourful Reptile Supplies Terrarium Humidifier
This product is almost the exact same as the Per Environmental Protection Reptiles Humidifier Natural Humidifier. It has both the same pros and the same cons, albeit at a higher price.
|Cheap Decorative green foam to help increase evaporation Easy storage||Same problems as Per Environmental Protection Reptiles Humidifier (but at a higher price)|
3.) Zeroyoyo Natural Green Moisture Humidifier
No difference between the previous two products. Very much all the same with the pros and cons, and again only different because of its slightly higher price tag.
|Cheap Decorative green foam to help increase evaporation Easy storage||Same problems as previous products,and a slightly higher price|
4.) Zoo Med HydroBalls
The DREAMER U Eco-friendly Terrarium Air Humidifier is like the Per Environmental Protection Reptiles Humidifier. Very much a basic humidifier but with the same issues and problems, and at a slightly higher price tag
|Cheap Decorative green foam to help increase evaporation Easy storage||Same problems as previous products, and a slightly higher price|
6.) Zoo Med Little Dripper
Our sixth product, the Zoo Med Little Dripper, provides humidity into your reptile’s enclosure using a siphon drip system. You fill water inside the bucket, and afterwards gravity will pull the water into a nozzle, allowing water to slowly drip into the terrarium.
It’s very cheap construction, and because it uses gravity it’s prone to locking up. Overall it’s an okay product.
|Drinking source for some reptiles Easy to install Large water capacity||Tends to clog up|
7.) Exo Terra Mini Mister Spray Bottle, 16-Ounces
- Spray bottle; Holds 16.7 fluid ounces
- Adds moisture to reptile habitats
- Helps maintain optimum terrarium conditions
Unlike the previous products on this list, this item requires a lot more manual work. The Exo Terra Mini Mister is a spray bottle. To add humidity to your reptile’s enclosure, you’ll have to use this product by spraying water all over the terrarium.
This might sound like a lot of work – but there are some benefits. For one, some reptiles (or amphibians) prefer mist over just water evaporating over a bowl. And two because you have to do it yourself you have a degree of control over humidity. If you’re looking for a basic means to mist your reptiles enclosure, this product has you covered.
|Large capacity of 16oz (for liquid) Mists your reptiles/amphibians enclosures Easy to use||You have to manage humidity everyday|
8.) Gracefulvara Colorful Changing Reptile Fog & Mist Maker
- With 6.8 ft AC adaptor，electric-Powered, with 12 LED (4 red 4 yellow 4 blue) light, creacing mor mistery atmosphere.
- Can add a stunning mist effect to your pond or water tank to filter the bad smell with electro and ultrasonic technology
- Perfects for use in your pond, rockery,fishtank,vase, birdbath, etc.It will create a magical atmosphere
- Please cleanning the fog port with slightly when not mist fog.
- Maker sure the item from the water surface is 3-4cm.If any questions you can let us know.
The Gracefulvara Colorful Changing Reptile Fog & Mist Maker is the first electric humidifier on this list. This device works by putting it into a large dish full of water – from there it creates fog and mist without raising the temperature. For an aesthetic finish, this product comes with colorful changing lights. The lights aren’t for the reptiles or amphibians – they’re probably just there for you to look at and enjoy!
|Creates cold mist Does not change ambient temperature due to heating issues Electric – automatic||Requires a deep dish of water to use|
9.) Big Bazaar Reptile Water Dish
As its name implies, this product is simply a water dish. To raise the humidity, you simply fill it with water and let the water evaporate on its own.
Alternatively you can use this as a food bowl for your reptiles and amphibians. The inside of the bowl is painted with a bright yellow, whilst the sides are painted to look like tree bark. It’s a basic product. Not really a humidifier by any means – but still flexible in its use!
|Large dish Aesthetic design Flexible for both food and water||If you’re looking for a true humidifier, there are better products|
10.) Fluker’s Repta Vines-Pothos for Reptiles and Amphibians
This product is rather unique compared to others on this list. The Fluker’s Repta Vines-Pothos for Reptiles and amphibians is actually a synthetic plant decoration. It’s made of a nontoxic polyethylene plastic, and designed and molded to look almost life-like. To help with mounting the synthetic vines, this product comes with suction cups as well. The question is, do these synthetic plants maintain or add to humidity? Contrary to what people think, the answer is no.
Real plants are what help contribute to humidity, and not synthetic plants. These plants can help increase surface area for water droplets to bind to definitey. However, that can only work assuming you’re also using a mister. Overall these are beautiful pet-safe plants to add to a terrarium setup – but not your first choice for a humidifier.
|Non-toxic polyethylene plastic Beautiful life-like design Built-in suction cups for easy mounting||Negligible changes in humidity. Needs to be used in conjunction with a mister|
11.) Senzeal Resin Barrel Cave
The Senzeal Resin Barrel cave is a decorative product designed to look like an old abandoned barrow. It has a hollow interior to act as a hideout for reptiles. However due to this size, it’s limited to the tiniest of reptiles and snakes. Furthermore, the design of this product helps little with maintaining humidity in a terrarium. This a decoration – not humidifier
|Solid Resin Construction Beautiful design||Too small and does not help increase humidity|
12.) Exo Terra Mister Portable Pressure Sprayer
The Exo Terra Mister Portable Pressure sprayer is like the Exo Terra Mini mister but upgraded. This time, it comes with a pressure pump to allow a continuous spray of mist, and comes with a much larger capacity of 67.5 fluid ounces.
Although you have to mist your terrarium everyday – this product does that job efficiently Just keep in mind not to pump in too much pressure – otherwise the product may break!
|Pressure pump to allow continuous misting Large capacity Faster than a normal spray bottle||You’ll have to manually add mist everyday to your terrarium|
13.) Galápagos (05234) Pillow Moss
- Long-Lasting: Long-Fiber Pillow Moss
- Hydrates Amphibians: Aids Shedding of Reptiles
- Comfy! Great for Animals Looking for a Soft Bed and Enhanced Humidity
- Sustainable: Sustainably Harvested
- High Absorbency: Controls Tropical & Wetland Humidity
The Galápagos (05234) Pillow Moss is, at its name implies, actual packaged moss for your terrarium.
Moss is a natural plant found in many moist environments, known for high water absorbency. Because of this, the moss can allow slow evaporation of water – which can maintain constant humidity in a terrarium. Additionally, the moss can also act as hiding places for your reptiles and amphibians.
A con is that this product may come with a strong “mossy” smell – but it does an excellent job of humidity control and so much more!
|Water absorbent – slow release helps maintain humidity Soft bedding comfortable for all reptiles and amphibians Can act as a hiding place||Scent|
14.) Galapagos (05248) Sheets of Real Moss
The Galapagos Sheets of Real moss is much similar to the earlier Galapagos Pillow moss. This time however, this moss comes in thick sheets. It has very much the same pros – providing humidity to the terrarium whilst acting as comfortable bedding. However, it still comes with the con of a slightly strong scent
|Thick, moss good for creating floor or bedding Comfortable for reptiles and amphibians ||Scent|
15.) Galapagos (05340) Bamboo Humidifier
The Galapagos Bamboo humidifier is a piece of bamboo used to help with humidity. As its name implies, it is made from actual bamboo and is drilled right through the center. You’re supposed to use this in conjunction with the Galapagos moss products mentioned earlier.
However, based on experience you use the moss alone without the Bamboo humidifier. Additionally, the bamboo humidifier does not impact humidity at all – and is prone to growing mold.
|Made out of an all-natural bamboo Aesthetic design||Prone to growing mold – and does not raise humidity by itself|
16.) AGPtek 6 LED Color Changing Mini Mist Maker
The AGPtek 6 LED Color Changing Mini Mist Maker is another one of the electric mist makers on this list – similar to the Gracefulvara mist maker mentioned earlier. This product makes mist using 400ml of water an hour,and is easy to operate.
For a decorative feature, this product also comes with lights. Just keep in mind however that this product is known to come with electricity issues – and can shock you when turned on!
This is a bit dangerous for some pets who might like to frolic near the water source – so just keep that in mind!
|Comes with 6 LED lights Makes cold mist Electric||Design issues in sealing electricity|
17.) AGPtEK Mist Maker Fogger
- ◆ WIDELY USE - AGPtEK 12LED mist maker can add a great amount of mist to your pond or water tank to filter the bad smell with ultrasonic technology. You can put it in your pond, rockery, fish tank, vase, tank, etc. It will create a magical atmosphere. Especially perfect for Halloween and other holidays.
- ◆ ATTACTIVE LED LIGHT - The LED lights will change color randomly and which will light bright at night and attract lots of attention.
- ◆ ENVIRONMENTAL PROTETION - Our Mister Fogger can provide large amount of mist. Aerosolized amount≥300mL/H.No heat or chemicals used.
- ◆ SAFETY&EASY TO OPERATE - AGPtEK mist makers are UL certified and have high security, without worry about the potential danger. It is very safe to use. Put it in the water then the mist appears and the voltage is 24V so it’s safe to use.
- ◆ CUSTOMER SUPPORT - We strive to offer superior customer service and technical support. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we respond email within 24 hours.
This is another electric mister on our list. Much like the other misters – its supposed to be submerged in a dish of water to function properly. It produces a cool mist for the enclosure – helping increase humidity. Nothing unique compared to the other products on this list – but it does get the basics done right. Just keep in mind its lightweight.
So you might want to secure it in place in the water dish
|Electric Produces a cool mist that maintains humidity Easy to use||Lightweight – might need some help to be secured in the water dish|
18.) Zoo Med Terrarium Moss 30 to 40 Gallons
- GREEN TERRARIUM MOSS - XL (30 TO 40GAL)
- ZOO MED LABORATORIES
- ZOO GREEN MOSS 30-40GAL XLARGE
Much like other moss products mentioned on this lit – this product is an excellent substrate for your reptiles and amphibians enclosure’s. Reptiles and amphibians like it as bedding, and it helps maintain the environment in the enclosure.
The only difference this product has compared to the others is that it’s selling the moss in bulk. If you think you’ll be replacing the substrate frequently or needing it for plenty of enclosures – this is the product for you!
|More than enough moss for several aquariums All natural – comfortable product High water retention for humidity control||Scent|
19.) Fitnate Mist Maker
The Fitnate Mist Maker has very much the same features as most of our low-end electric mist makers on this list. It produces cool mist like all of them, and like some it also comes with LED lights.
What makes this product different is the water buckler attachment on top. It’s a plastic roof of sorts put above the mist maker which traps water. This prevents excessive spilling and splashing to happen in your terrarium. Overall this is an excellent product – though I wish you could turn the lights off
|Water buckler to prevent excessive splashing Produces cool mist to increase humidity Easy to use Electric||Lights cannot be turned off|
20.) OMEM Reptiles Hideout Humidification Cave with Basin
- PERFECT FOR REPTILES, SMALL FISH, AND OTHER AQUATIC PETS: the Penn Plax Shale Cave Hide-Out is a great addition to any aquarium or terrarium. It’s perfect for territorial fish, small reptiles, newts, salamanders, crayfish, axolotls, snakes, and more!
- Realistic rock formation: the beautiful hand painted details make this hideout a perfect natural-looking addition to your animal’s habitat - It will blend seamlessly with any environment, aquatic or dry.
- BEST USED FOR CLIMBING AND HIDING SPOTS: no matter what animal you’ve got, they’ll love this Shale Cave…they’ll climb up, over, and around, and use it as a hiding space.
- HELPS YOU MIMIC THE LOOK OF A NATURAL HABITAT: the Shale Cave is designed to mimic natural rocks found in desert environments. It’ll look great in an aquarium, terrarium, and any other kind of habitat that’s home to a small animal.
- Shop Penn Plax for all your pet’s needs: Penn Plax has a wide variety of pet supplies available for purchase on Amazon. Shop for all your pet’s needs – for your reptiles, aquatic pets, birds, small animals, cats, dogs, amphibians, and more!
The OMEM Reptiles Hideout Humidification Cave with Basin is a double function product. It’s both used as a hiding spot for geckos or lizards, while the top has a basin for holding water.
Being made of clay, the hideout is water absorbent – allowing the inner areas of the nest to be humid. Some geckos might even head to the top of the cave to take a sip of water! It’s a basic, high quality product that does its job.
|Comes in multiple sizes Made out of an antibacterial clay Helps maintain humidity in the cave and the terrarium Can be used as a nest/resting area for your pets||Fragile – don’t drop it!|
21.) OMEM Reptile Hideout Box with Sink
The OMEM Reptile Hideout Box is a hideout box with a water basin, similar to the OMEM Reptiles Hideout Humidification Cave. Unlike the previous product, only the basin is made out of clay and is detachable from the hideout.
This product offers the same function of helping with humidity and providing a hiding spot for your pet reptile or amphibian. Overall a good product, but not as good as humidity control as the OMEM Reptiles Hideout Humidification Cave.
|Detachable clay water basin Solid plastic construction for hideout||Less internal humidity for the hideout|
22.) Zilla Jungle Mix
- 100% natural-ideal for tropical and forest habitats Holds moisture for humidity-loving reptiles
- Promotes digging, breeding and egg incubation Richly organic, moisture absorbent
- Richly organic, moisture absorbent Reptiles from tropical and forest environments will feel instantly
- 4 Quarts
The Zilla Jungle Mix is a moisture absorbing substrate made out of both sphagnum moss and fir shavings.
With these natural materials, it makes excellent bedding for terrariums for most reptiles and amphibians. Apart from maintaining humidity, it provides a substrate to promote digging and can also be used to incubate eggs! Like most substrate and other moss products, you’ll have to replace it regularly due to excrements from your reptile and amphibians – but otherwise this has a lot of pros!
|Made from natural materials High moisture retention to help control humidity Helps with egg laying, digging behavior etc.||Needs to be constantly replaced|
23.) AGPtEK Mist Maker Fog Maker
The AGPtEk mist maker fog maker is an electric mist maker, which uses a water dish and an atomizer to make mist. This electric mist maker is easy to operate – only consisting of a switch.
To get it working, all you need to do is insert it into a deep enough water dish and it will start producing mist on its own. Keep in mind that you have to keep this product secure in place otherwise it might fail to make mist. Due to its plastic construction it’s lightweight – so you’re going to have to weigh or glue it down.
|Simple to use Makes cold mist to increase humidity Electric||Lightweight – will be moved and shuffled around if not clamped|
24.) AGPtek® Aluminum Mini Mist Maker
Another of the electric misters on this list, AGPtEK Mist Maker Fog Maker is made to provide cold mist for your terrarium. It does this by being placed into a tub full of water, from which it’s able to make the cool mist using a pump to release cool water vapor.
It does an excellent job of a low mist – perfect for mimicking rainforest environments and much more. Due to its aluminum construction – its heavy and therefore will stay in place in the water dish you put it in. Just keep in mind that you cannot keep this product running for more than 10 hours at a time – otherwise you’ll damage it!
|Solid aluminum construction Provides cool mist to increase humidity||Can only function for 10 hours at a time|
25.)Sequoia Reptile Water Dripper System
The Sequoia water dripper system is another dripper product. By using gravity and a siphon, it allows water to slowly drip into your reptile’s/amphibian’s enclosure. It’s a very basic design – and allows some level humidity.
Keep in mind the price however – you’re 17.99$ for a plastic jug, some pipe, and a dripper. At that price, you can get some electric misters at a cheaper price.
|High capacity Slow dripping – maintains humidity Some reptiles may drink from the dripper||You can make this product yourself with a lot less money|
26.) HAYU Reptile Drinking Fountain
- Material: plastic, non-toxic, tasteless, non-toxic, environmentally friendly materials
- simulated rain forest water droplets for the reptile to provide drinking water ，Put the drip on the mat or inserted in the coconut, can slowly humidify the mat, keep the humidity.
- Water inlet and drip head are filtering effect, dripping water is purified water, to ensure reptile healthy drinking water.
- The operation is reduced, easy to control the drip rate, need to drip quickly, put the storage bottle to mention the height of the position, need to slow down to reduce the height.
- Storage tank capacity: 1300ml, water pipe: 23.62"
The HAYU Reptile drinking fountain is another of our slow gravity drippers. It has a water capacity of 1.3 liters, and comes with a dripping head that can be wall mounted using a suction cup. To set this product apart – the dripper also has a water filter head to make sure the water your reptiles/amphibians drink is clean.
Much like other drippers however it faces the same slew of problems. This product is expensive for what it is – and you can probably make this product yourself by buying materials at a much cheaper price.
More importantly, like other drippers, it does not raise humidity level all that much – and serves more as a water fountain.
|Water fountain for reptiles to drink from High water capacity of 1.3 liters Water filter to make sure water is clean for reptiles to drink||Expensive while not raising humidity all too much|
27.) Pangea Ultrasonic Mist Maker / Humidifier
The Pangea Ultrasonic Mistmaker is an electric mist maker, made out of solid 20mm solid metal disc. It produces cool mist which can help raise humidity – and makes it a solid choice for mimicking rainforest habitats. Just keep in mind however that at this price you can buy other misters for much cheaper – and it comes with the same pros and cons.
|Electric Creates cool mist which raises humidity Solid metal construction||Expensive (when compared to similar products)|
28.) Zhuhaitf Mini Planters Humidifier
- Fit for turtle lizard spider cockroach hermit crab Reptile box Amphibians Small Animals Houses Cave Box.
- capacity:200ml,work:30ml/H .
- power:1.5W DC 5V 390MA.
- Working mode 1: spray 3 hours automatic power off, work mode 2: every 6 seconds spray once, 6 hours automatically power off. Safe Mode If there is no water, automatic power off.
This product is interesting – it’s very much an electric mister.
However unlike other products that require submersion in water, this product has its own water reservoir.
Additionally, this product has an onboard mini-computer that will cycle between misting sessions – automatically turning on and off in cycles. Because of this – this product is something you can leave on and forget – which is very convenient.
With its cute design and non-toxic material – this is an excellent product to get!
|Cute, aesthetic design Electric Mister Comes with its own water reservoir Automatic on off cycle||None|
29.) Yunt Aquarium 12 LED Fountain Mist Maker
The Yunt Aquarium 12LED Fountain mist maker is another cold electric mister on our list. As the name implies, this device is preferably placed in a fountain to help increase humidity in your terrariums.
It comes with 12 bright LED lights, and is a bit heavier than the other misters on our list. Overall it does the basics alright – but nothing special. There are other, much cheaper products that do an overall better job.
|Electric Cold mister Heavy weight so it stays in place||Expensive (when compared to other models)|
30.) Galapagos Natural Bamboo Terrarium Humidifier Large
Remember the earlier Galapagos Natural Bamboo humidifier? It’s the same thing, only much larger. It’s still made of an excellent all natural bamboo – but again it has the same issues. You need to use this product in conjunction with moss, and when this product gets moist its prone to growing mold. Natural products are excellent, but in the case of this one just don’t buy it.
|Large capacity for moss Made of natural bamboo||Prone to growing mold|
31.) Exo Terra Repti Flo 250 Powerhead
The Exo Terra Reptil Flow 250 Powerhead is the first circulation pump on this list. You can use this water pump to create artificial streams and waterfalls in your reptile’s enclosure – which have many benefits.
Apart from increasing humidity, the streams and waterfalls can also serve as sources of drinking water. Keep in mind however, to achieve this will require a lot of planning and preparation.
|Powerful pump that cycles water Adjustable flow rate Waterproof and submersible Silent||Requires a lot of setup to use|
32.) Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium Waterfall Kit
- Incorporate a beautiful waterfall feature in your naturalistic terrarium.
- Kit includes: water pump, hydro balls, terrarium mesh, Plastic Tubing and Plastic elbow.
- All-inclusive terrarium waterfall kit has everything you need to maintain humidity levels in your reptile's environment
If you’ve ever wanted to set up a waterfall – the ZooMed Naturalistic Terrarium waterfall kit will help you get started! Apart from an electric water pump, the kit also includes plastic tubing, plastic elbows, hydroballs, and a terrarium mesh.
Again – even with the extra materials this requires extensive setup and planning to do. However, the pieces included in this kit makes the job so much easier! Overall – excellent product for setting up a waterfall to help increase humidity.
|Package which includes plenty of materials to help build a waterfall Quality water pump Good package for its price||Requires planning and setup|
33.) Humidaheat – Amphibian/Terrarium Heater & Humidifier
The Humidaheat heater & Humidifier is both a heater and humidifier in one! Unlike the previous electric misters mentioned earlier in this list, this creates mist by heating up the water.
This makes this product excellent for temperature control, especially for building environments that require higher temperature and humidity.
|Comes with a heater and humidifier Electric Multiple sizes||Lightweight – needs to be waited down|
34.) BioBubble Reptile Drinking Fountain
- This rock tower is designed to function with the Bio Bubble Drinking Fountain allowing hydration for small animals that prefer to drink running water
- Origins ornaments can be used in Aquariums, Terrariums and Home Decoration
- Safe, non-toxic construction
The BioBubble Reptile Drinking Fountain is, as its name implies, a drinking fountain for reptiles!
The device consists of a solid plastic construction, with the water fountain area decorated with fake plastic plants. The device is completely electric and cycles through water in its reservoir by pumping up and returning it down.
A carbon filter makes sure that as water is recycled, its continuously cleaned! This product is excellent for providing hydration to your chameleons, frogs, and other arboreal pets. Furthermore, due to the continuous water flow it also helps with maintaining humidity!
|Sleek, decorated design Can snugly fit into most terrariums Constant source of water for reptiles and humidity||None!|
35.) Exo Terra Dripper Plant
The Exo Terra Dripper Plant is another reptile/amphibian watering fountain designed to look like a plant. It’s made with plastic materials safe for your reptiles to drink from, and looks completely natural in the environment.
Because of the consistent water flow, it helps raise humidity (if only slightly). If you’re interested in keeping your decorations hidden or at least looking natural, this is an excellent buy!
|Made with pet-safe plasticDesigned to blend in with the environment with its leaf design Constant source of water for your pets||Slight humidity increase only|
36.) Blue Spotted Deep Jungle Fogger
- Provides essential moisture & humidity for the well-being of your pet reptile and amphibians. Designed for silent operation
- This cool-mist compact ultrasonic fogger ( humidity for reptiles) enables you to create a deep jungle rainforest environment in your terrarium. Your tropical rainforest pet, amphibian or reptile will flourish with the right humidity level and environment
- Compact design with adjustable flow control. Ready to use, includes advanced mounting clip, extendable hose, bottle and no spill attachment
- High-0utput, fanless design for silent operation. Can accommodate a standard 2 liter plastic bottle (not included) so you can go longer without refilling water reservoir. Promotes health and natural behavior in reptiles
- For troubleshooting details see the instructions in the box. For units not misting try the following. 1. Turn down the humidifier, when the humidity is too high it builds up in the tube, causing it to condensate in the tube. 2. Extending the tube will also help to reduce the humidity. Other items to consider are: Aquarium Masters Digital Thermometer, clamp lamp, clamp lamp stand, and deep dome fixture.
You might be wondering how does this product compare to everything else? For starters, this product uses its own reservoir to help produce mist (unlike the submersible versions).
Placement of the device is flexible, as the mist is brought into the terrarium with a nozzle. And in the event it runs out of the water, an indicator light will turn on to tell you it needs refilling. This product will definitely increase humidity in your terrarium, however, just keep in mind that the water bottle it uses is really small. If you can find a way to replace it for higher capacity – this product would need less refilling!
|Self-contained water reservoir Can be placed anywhere in the terrarium thanks to nozzle Electric cold mister||Water bottle has low capacity|
37.) Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier – Best reptile humidifier for the price
- ADJUSTABLE COOL FOG OUTPUT: Our compact, ultrasonic, cool mist humidifying fogger is perfect for pets requiring a humid environment. With adjustable fog output control (up to 300 ml per hour), you can ensure that your pet is completely comfortable!
- PERFECT FOR ANY REPTILE / AMPHIBIAN / HERP: Perfect for a wide variety of reptiles and amphibians, whether it's your bearded dragon, gecko, snake (python, boa, etc.), turtle, tortoise, iguana, lizard, chameleon, water dragon, frog, toad or hermit crab
- LARGE TANK WITH DRY-RUN PROTECTION: Our tank holds up to 2 liters of water (2 times most competing humidifiers) and features a no-spill valve for easy filling. Dry-run protection shuts off the device when the tank is empty. Flexible adjustable hose ranges from 1.5 - 5 feet
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL ENCLOSURES AND EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Easy assembly - comes with full set of instructions and tips. Compatible with a variety of enclosures, whether it's your vivarium, tank, cage, terrarium, vision cage, aquarium, reptarium, or plastic/PVC/glass cage. Best used along with a hygrotherm or timer to provide a rest period for the reptile humidifier. NOTE: Please use only distilled water
- BEST-IN-CLASS WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE: We NEVER leave a customer hanging - our humidifier is tested and trusted by tens of thousands of happy customers. Unlike other fly-by-night brands, every Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Fogger comes with a 6 month warranty. if you need anything, please message our team directly through Amazon. What's more, when used as directed, our reptile fogger offers a longer lifespan than the average of other comparable humidifiers (based on in-house testing)
The Evergreen Pet supplies Reptile humidifier is much higher end compared to the other electric misters mentioned previously. Compared to other models, this humidifier has a large capacity of 2 Liters in its water reservoir.
With a large capacity, you’ll be refilling this humidifier less often. Additionally, the amount of mist this fogger produces is adjustable from low to high settings using the adjustable knob – just so you can fit your reptile’s needs.
Finally, this mister is easy to set up and can accommodate a wide variety of terrariums and enclosures. The fact that this product also comes with a warranty makes this humidifier more than perfect!
|Large water reservoir capacity (2 liters)Adjustable level for humidity Comes with warranty Easy to setup|
38.) Zoo Med Reptifogger Terrarium Humidifier
- Zoo Med Repti Fogger Terrarium Humidifier is a Compact Ultrasonic Humidifying Fogger with adjustable fog output control to help increase your tank's humidity.
- Create a tropical rainforest in your terrarium using this product!
- Create a tropical rainforest in your terrarium using this product!
- The Repti Fogger can be used to increase the overall humidity level in smaller terrariums, or to create a humid "micro climate " in larger terrariums.
Another of the Zoo Med products, designed to help you maintain humidity in your reptile’s/amphbian’s enclosures.
This device uses an ultrasonic humidifying fogger to turn the water in its reservoir into mist, and has a hose that is 3ft in length. It does a great job of maintaining humidity.
However this product is very fragile. It’s been known to break a month into use, and unfortunately, it comes with no warranty. Keep that in mind, as you’re spending $49.99 product that might potentially break early.
|3ft long hose for easy reach Compact Electric mister Adjustable humidity settings||Fragile|
Medium Price Reptile Foggers and Humidifiers ($51 – 150)
39.) Zoo Med-Aquatrol ZM95015 Reptile Fogger
The Zoo Med-Aquatrol ZM95015 Reptile Fogger is similar in design and function with the Zoo Med Reptifogger Terrarium Humidifier.
Both use ultrasonic misting technology, and come with adjustable humidity levels. The Zoo Med-Aquatrol ZM95015 Reptile fogger is made unique thanks to a much better plastic design, alongside with a 90 day warranty. Otherwise, nothing too different here
|Adjustable humidity levels 3ft hose Better plastic design to reduce water spills Electric mister 90 day warranty||Expensive (when compared to lower end models)|
40.) PYTHON SINGLE DISC ORNAM FOGGER
- Manufactured to the Highest Quality Available.
- Design is stylish and innovative. Satisfaction Ensured.
- Great Gift Idea.
The PYTHON SINGLE DISC ORNAM FOGGER harkens back to much earlier products on this list. Its design is similar to the AGPtek® Aluminum Mini Mist Maker.
At this price range – you’d be expecting some improvements – but overall it’s simply a more expensive mini mist maker. Avoid this purchase if you can!
|Made of strong metal Cool mister Long wire||Expensive with nothing new/unique|
41.) Zoo Med Repti Rapids Led Waterfall Skull
- Made from foamed urethane
- Realistic looking
- Adds humidity to your terrarium
- Adds beneficial humidity to your terrarium
- Stimulates natural drinking behaviors in many species of lizards (like chameleons).
And they said you can’t humidify your reptile’s/amphibian’s enclosure without style! The Zoo Med Repti Rapids LED Waterfall Skull is a waterfall designed to look like something out of an adventure movie.
It’s a waterfall with a lovely skull design, which can act as a fountain for your reptiles/amphibians to drink from.
However, the aesthetic comes at a cost. The fountain can be very difficult to clean when it gets dirty – especially around the small holes and crevices. Disassembling the fountain for cleaning is almost next to impossible – so cleaning this will have to be done often, if not with special tools.
|Beautiful skull design Flowing water helps increase humidity Electric pump||Very, very difficult to clean|
42.) LEMON KOKO Arboreal Climb Pet Self Circulating Humidifier
- This water dispenser is suitable for chameleons and other need to drink live water reptiles, reptiles to provide clean water, and to maintain the humidity of the environment.
- Red button can adjust the speed of dripping, drip speed is stable, do not worry about not dripping or dripping effect is not good, ultra-quiet, does not affect the animal rest
- The bottom of the device has a filter sponge, filter debris, recycling water more clean
- Dropping state can be used for eight days, flow water state can be used for 4 days, it is recommended every three days to add water
- Please put enough water in the container after the use of electricity, water use will make the pump burned
The LEMON KOKO Arboreal Climb Pet Self Circulating Humidifier is a water fountain designed for your reptiles.
It constantly cycles water to drip over the decorative synthetic plants for your reptiles to drink from. Not to worry – the water rarely gets dirty thanks to built-in filters. It has adjustable drip settings to ensure the right amount of water flows for your pets.
Keep in mind that although this does increase humidity, it does so only by a negligible amount. So if you’re looking to purchase this to increase humidity to a high level, this is not the product to go. But if you’re looking to help your reptile hydrate and some small changes in humidity – this product is for you!
|Adjustable drip levels Leaves help stimulate reptile drink patterns Has own water reservoir Can be hung around terrariums||Does not increase humidity by a lot|
43.) Zoo Med HygroTherm Humidity and Temperature Controller
- Controls temperature by turning on/off heating devices in HEAT" mode or by turning on/off cooling devices (e.g. fan) in "COOL" mode."
- Temperature control range is 50°F to 122°F (10°C to 50°C)
- Humidity control range: 15% to 95% RH (Relative Humidity)
This product is a built in thermostat along with a hygrometer – which is a necessary combination to help maintain humidity levels.
The product will adjust its thermometer to make sure temperature is properly regulated with humidity. Keep in mind however – this product will NOT add humidity to your habitat. Rather, this product was designed to work with other humidifier products – and its main job is to maintain proper temperature vs humidity.
|Built in thermometer and hygrometer Maintains temperature relative to humidity Humidity control||Will control humidity, and not add (needs to be used with other humidifiers)|
44.) Zoo Med Reptirain Automatic Terrarium Mister
The Zoo Med Reptirain Automatic Terrarium mister is an interesting product. For one – it’s one of the few misters in this list that has a computer board. This allows pet owners to control the misting cycle and auto on and off features.
It’s a product that can work using an AC plug and also can use batteries if you need to bring it around with you. And finally it has a high water capacity.
This should make it a wonderful product for misting right? Yes. Unfortunately, the quality of the product is rather poor. It’s been known to break easily, have leaks, or pump issues. At a price of almost $70 – you’d expect high-quality production. Sadly, this product can use a little more improvement.
|Auto-on and auto-off feature Large water capacity Portable Can run on batteries or AC power||Leaky, and been known to break frequently|
45.) Exo Terra Mini Fogger
The Exo Terra Mini Fogger is essentially a lot like our earlier mini misters, but with a few upgrades.
For one, it can operate in lower levels of water (unlike other misters which may have a submersion requirement). Second, this mister has an auto-off and auto-on function – so when it detects water levels are too low it’ll automatically turn itself off.
Unlike other mini foggers, this one uses only 200mL of water per hour. Which is meaning you’ll refill the water reservoir a lot less. This product is the best mini-mister on this list. Keep in mind the hefty price tag however.
|Solid metal construction Consumes only 200ml of water an hour Sensors for auto-off function when there’s too little water||Expensive|
46.) EXO-TERRA Monsoon Solo High-Pressure Misting System
Have you ever wanted to simulate the tropical rain cycles? Would you like a product that’s easy to set up and to use? This product is for you! The EXO-TERRA Monsoon Solo High-Pressure misting system is one of the best reptile humidifiers on this list.
It consists of a high-pressure nozzle that helps turn water into a fine mist, and a computer board that controls misting time.
Because of this computer board, it makes sure that your reptile cage doesn’t get too wet. Just gets the right amount of mist for proper humidity. Refilling the water reservoir for this product is easy – as all you need to do is remove the cover (which contains the computer board) and fill it with water. It’s excellent quality, design, and function all in one!
|Electric cool mister Large capacity for water Computer helps control misting cycles Comes with high pressure nozzle for fine misting Easy to setup and use Durable + Long lasting||None|
47.) Exo Terra Fogger Ultrasonic Fog Generator
The Exo Terra Fogger Ultrasonic Fog generator is very much the same as the Exo-Terra Mini Fogger. Unfortunately there’s not much difference with this product over the previously mentioned one. It can raise the humidity to 100% (which might be a requirement for reptile owners). Otherwise nothing new. The only important difference is that this is expensive.
|Cool mister that raises humidity Electric Solid metal construction||Expensive|
48.) Exo Terra PT2493 Monsoon Multi System
Imagine if the EXO-TERRA Monsoon Solo High Pressure Misting System was given an upgrade. Give that product a much larger water capacity and more nozzles to spray mist from. Then this product is it.
This product is basically a much larger version off the monsoon solo. You can use this to increase humidity for larger terrariums or for multiple ones. It still has the same computer board for cycling.
The only con with this product is, for some strange reason, it has a lower production quality than the previously mentioned EXO-TERRA Monsoon Solo High Pressure Misting System. The computer board has known to break often, which is a big problem considering how expensive this product is.
|Large capacity of 8L Can attach up to 6 nozzles for misting Computer board for cycling auto on and off Easy to setup and use||Computer board has been known to break frequently|
High-End Reptile foggers humidifiers (>$151)
49.) 32W 2.2L Tank Amphibians Reptile Fogger Humidifier Vaporizer Fog Maker Generator
The first of our only two on the High-End Reptile Foggers – we have the 32W 2.2L Tank Amphibians Reptile Fogger Humidifier Vaporizer Fog Maker Generator. Now as our first high-end product on this list – we have to ask ourselves does this bring anything new to the table for improvement?
Unfortunately, not that much. It has adjustable humidity settings, but other misters also have this feature too. Second, this mister can only support one medium or small sized enclosure. At this price, you can buy other cheaper misters and support multiple enclosures.
These are one of the cases where price does not justify getting this product. It has the basics – but costs way too expensive.
|Adjustable misting/fog settings Water capacity of 2.2L Nice plastic design||Too expensive for features we’ve already seen|
50.) Zoo Med Special Fogger Value Pack – best reptile humidifier
- Integrated Design Reptile Humidifier and 10L Water Tank: You can add water directly to the water inlet of the main engine without removing the water bucket;It is up to 2.6 Gallon (10L) of water can be accommodated,visual water level design are used.
- Super Silent Pump:Reptile Humidifier Fogger of the diaphragm silent pump is used with stable operation; give your pet a comfortable and quiet environment.
- 360 Degree Spray Nozzle and Timed Spray Function:The 360 degree spray nozzle can multi-angle adjustment and wide spraying range;With the timed spray function, the product can imitate the natural environment and regularly spray water onto your pets or rainforest landscapes.
- The Reptile Mister System Can Connect Nozzles up to 20pcs :4pcs spray nozzle components included but be able to connect 20pcs spray nozzles and work at the same time.If you have many terrariums or other some thing need water,this is the best choice for you .Buy one can solve everything.
- Adjustable Rainfall System and Internal Backwatering Technology:The sprayer can adjust the spray flow to meet the needs of pets or rainforest landscapes;Internal backwatering technology can realize water cut off at the moment of stoppage, and the dripping can be less than 1 drop, thus preventing the water from accumulating in the bottom.
Money worth it. This is the best reptile humidifier I would say. Why?
- Integrated Design Reptile Humidifier and 10L Water Tank. You can add water directly to the water inlet of the main engine without removing the water bucket. It is up to 2.6 Gallon (10L) of water can be accommodated, visual water level design is used.
- Super Silent Pump. Reptile Humidifier Fogger of the diaphragm silent pump is used with stable operation. Give your pet a comfortable and quiet environment.
- 360 Degree Spray Nozzle and Timed Spray Function: The 360-degree spray nozzle can multi-angle adjustment and wide spraying range; With the timed spray function. The product can imitate the natural environment and regularly spray water onto your pets or rainforest landscapes.
- The Reptile Mister System Can Connect Nozzles up to 20pcs. Ideally, 4pcs spray nozzle components included but are able to connect 20pcs spray nozzles and work at the same time. If you have many terrariums or other something need water, this is the best choice for you. Buy one can solve everything.
- Adjustable Rainfall System and Internal Backwatering Technology: The sprayer can adjust the spray flow to meet the needs of pets or rainforest landscapes; Internal backwatering technology can realize water cut off at the moment of stoppage. And the dripping can be less than 1 drop, thus preventing the water from accumulating at the bottom.
- I am best reptile humidifier.
|Contains both a mister and a fogger Temperature control Hygrometer and thermometer||Too expensive|
Finally, we’ve finished taking a look at over 50 different humidifiers/foggers. As a reminder, these aren’t all the products on the market – as every day new companies sell new products or models. From these products however, I hope you keep in mind a couple of things of what to look for the best reptile humidifier.
First – the product should maintain humidity. Whether it’s a slow release like a basin, or the creation of mist, as long as it maintains humidity it’s a good product.
Second, it should be durable. The product should last you for awhile – humidity control is an everyday job, and must be controlled every hour. The product shouldn’t break on the first week of use – but hopefully last you at least a year.
And finally three – it should be safe for your pets. The product should be easy to clean so bacteria or mold doesn’t grow on it, it should be designed so pets don’t fall in or get stuck. At the end of the day – your pet (whether reptile or amphibia) should use the product without any issues.