It is a little challenging for those owners to design the cage of their lovely reptile pets. You must consider how to properly feed your dragon with insects and will get a nice deal of UV light in order to create their habitat.
Bearded dragons are mostly sociable animals. They are available in several unique colors and sizes. You may also create a unique and colorful design for their cage.
Small beardies don’t need that much space. They are delighted to eat tomatoes. You can give them insects but make sure it is pesticide-free.
Bearded dragon Tank Décor Ideas
You wouldn’t want to just simply reside your pet in a cage that it is not comfortable to live with.
You have to bear in mind that your bearded dragon also needs sufficient temperatures.
When it comes to decorating your reptile enclosures with ornaments whether it be a cave, decorations, or some sort of basking platforms.
It is difficult to find what is best for your animals and also it could be really expensive.
Here are some easy and unique bearded dragon cage décor ideas.
DIY Reptile Cave
When it comes to your animals, you want to be more naturalistic feel to their enclosures and it is hard to find that in store without spending a whole lot of money. Creating a unique huge cave with set of stairs that they can climb. It is really cool and comfortable to give them fun and roam around. You can create your own style or imitate other DIY caves by watching some videos in YouTube.
Terrarium: The little cove
This is a type of terrarium wherein not that huge yet provides coziness and warmth perfect for your bearded dragon to comfort.
The space is enough to move him around and give him the idea to explore more.
On the other end, it has a source of light and shady area giving the beardie a much comfortable habitat.
Jungle Inspired Cage
If you prefer to be more realistic, you can make a green jungle for your lovely pets.
It gives them more clean and more cool environment and it is easy for you to clean as well than the other themes who has rock stair case and dark paints.
The idea is plain and natural although climbing is not possible here.
You can put a piece of wood or branch to look more realistic but make sure they have enough space to roam.
This is another great idea for your beardies. Available in variety when it comes to styles and sizes. Just make sure that it is safe, not that too high to prevent your lizard to fall out.
This kind of reptile loves to stay in hammocks.
Putting this on their cage can be a great spot for basking. Remember that you have to insert this not too high so they can climb and for their own safety too.
I highly suggest to choose hammock fabric so that it won’t give them a hard time to climb and it won’t hook their nails.
Old large rocks
This is the most affordable and easiest way to create a lovely and realistic habitat of your bearded dragon because you can find this in your backyard. They are perfectly safe on this rocks.
They will be able to hide themselves, climb, bask as well as help them to file down their nails.
Of course in finding a good rock, pick a not sharp and not crumbly type of rock for them to have a safety cage.
Also, you need to sanitize it first the rocks in order to prevent bacteria, pesticides, and other chemicals that we might not aware prior to placing it in their cage.
Round deep dish or basin
This would help you a lot in order to keep your bearded dragon’s cage clean.
It is not only for design purposes but you can also benefit from this. By making salads like sweet potato, green leafy veggies such as parsley, and kale making it easier for you to feed them.
This is available in the store in different styles and sizes.
Real or Fake Plants (foliage)
I highly recommend choosing foliage to create a naturalistic one.
You may introduce it whether it is fake or real to your bearded dragon to provide them a good habitat.
It makes them happier to roam around. They can also hide under the plants and the scents may seem to be a realistic one.
A piece of wood
This is another option for a perfect tank decor for your bearded dragon. Just make sure that it is free from termites or other insects living on it.
This is a perfect one for your dragon to climb or hide under. Also, pick a not so big enough for them to give them space to breathe and move.
Infrared Spot Lamp
Of course, your bearded dragons need an exposure to sunlight outside to keep them warm. You can buy this Infrared Spot Lamp in the store to give a warm temperature for 24 hours. Giving them a healthy and comfortable living not only for decoration. You can choose from different wattage available.
Last update on 2020-06-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This is another idea to décor your dragon’s cage wherein your pets can take a rest on top of it.
Bearded dragon loves to bask in the sun.
I highly recommend this to add on their cage. You can buy it in the store that comes in two different shapes: a bridge that can practice their skills in climbing and a platform on the edge of the terrarium.
Things to remember in raising a bearded dragon
- The enclosure size should be four times the length and width of your dragon: Because of their fast growth. They just need a well-ventilated habitat enough for them to move.
- When it comes to humidity, it should be monitored by a humidity checker or a hygrometer. A level between 20-40 percent is the perfect one for them. They need low humidity because they are desert reptiles.
- Children need supervision when they are playing with their bearded dragons. For the new ones, give them at least three to four days to adjust to the new environment. Don’t just carry them by their tail.
- Bearded dragons require a diet. They are omnivorous. Provide the adult beardies a 70 percent veggies and 25 percent of insects daily. Young dragons should give at least 50 percent of insects because they require more protein.
- Never use sand even the biodegradable calcium-based one, gravel, or wood chips for the bottom of the enclosure. Bearded dragons eat bedding made of a small portion. It should be protected with clean and safe materials like newspapers, reptile carpet, or paper towels.
- Maintain the cleanliness to the enclosure. Clean their cage daily. Remove and replenish the cover at the bottom of the enclosure to avoid bacterial and fungal growth. Sanitize the enclosure with concentrated soap or bleach and rinse well. Wash your hands before and after cleaning the cage and the accessories.
- All reptiles are possible carriers of infectious diseases including Salmonella. Bear in mind that all pets could possibly bite or scratch you that could easily transmit diseases to people. Always sanitize your hands before and after handling your pets and clean their cage to avoid spreading the diseases. People who have a higher risk of infection such as children below the age of 5, infants, pregnant women, people who have a weaker immune system and the elderly should watch over when interacting with the dragons.
This article gave you an idea of how to raise your bearded dragons well. Most especially by providing them a good habitat in your own and unique way.
Decorations can be fascinating but you need to consider also the benefit that they may get. Some are just for fun and some are just to add up for the design of the enclosure.
Don’t put too much décor as they can’t move around.
If it is not necessary, then remove from their cage.
You can check Amazon to buy accessories if you’re looking for one. I hope this will help you a lot and make your pet’s happiness.